Packing to go for the delivery of your baby is a major part of your preparation to welcome the new member of your family. We recommend that you do this step at least 2 months before the due date, leaving sufficient timing in case of a premature birth occurs.
You can use the details in the below list as a guidance, but requirements may vary based on your personal requirements as well as the hospital that you visit. Please let us know your experience packing them as well, if we missed something, please let us know, we can add to the list.
We recommend to keep a separate bag for mother and another bag for the baby.
1) Front opening blouses 4-5
2) Cheeththa or Wrap Around
3) Nighties/PJ’s (high waist bottoms)
4) Nursing bras & Nursing Panties
5) Bath Towel
6) Nipple cream - Philips Avent Better
7) Breast pads - Philips Avent Better
8) Heavy flow sanitary pads 1 pkt
9) Toiletries (toothbrush/tooth paste/soap/deodorant/perfume/Shampoo/conditioner/face wash)
10) Lip balm
11) Hair accessories (hair band/hair brush)
12) Rubber slippers
13) Medical file
14) Pack of Wet tissues (suitable for both mother & baby)
15) Toilet paper roll – 2
16) Plastic bags to store dirty laundry etc
17) Phone/charger/multi-plug - Hand over to husband when going to labor
18) With husband, keep National ID, Certified copies of Birth & Marriage Certificates of both you and husband might be needed for registration at hospital and also for preparing birth certificate of baby
19) Payments if you have insurance or paid by employer, inform them in advance that you are being admitted & again before you get discharged (check what special notes needed in the hospital bill and other documents for recovering cost through insurance/employer)
20) If you wear glasses or contact lenses, take both. Including cleaning kit, containers to keep the glasses and solution as well.
1) Nappies 20 (In the first 2 months you can go with 18x18 inch nappy. But later when baby grow bigger, have to buy bigger nappy also you might get gifts from friends ;) so no need of 100 nappies!)
2) Baby frock 10 (same design both for boys and girls)
3) Wrappers (Swaddling cloths) – 3 (size, 1 yard x 1 yard)
4) Cotton Light weight baby towel - 3 (to wipe baby after washing. need to be highly absorbant. flannel material. available in nugegoda fabric shops between sarasavi & post office)
5) Few serviettes for various wiping and cleaning purposes
6) Baby cream & baby oil (small bottles to make packing easy)
7) Baby soap – 2 (1 for bathing baby & other for washing clothes if that’s what you plan to use)
8) Baby hair brush
9) Mackintosh (rubber one is a bit too hot. look for PU kind of material - you may see it when you visit us)
10) Draw sheets/cot sheets (to go over mackintosh) - 10
11) New Born Size Diapers (for the hospital take 2 packets containing 4 diapers each, after coming back home, you can use the 40 diaper packet to save up on cost. Let me know when buying bulk)
12) Nappy Pins
13) Warm Cloths for baby (baby cover with hoodie, mittens for hands and feet)
14) Baby suit (made out of a slightly thick cotton knit material)
15) Pillow Set for Cot (2 bolster pillows and 1 small pillow. pillows available from celcius range at arpico and also at elegant smokers. covers from elegant smokers)
ඔබට ඇති වෛද්ය ගැටළු අසන්න මෙහි ක්ලික් කරන්න, Ask a Doctor | වෛද්යවරයාගෙන් අසන්න
මෙම ලිපිය ඔබට ප්රයෝජනවත් වුනානම් හෝ ඔබේ මිතුරියකට ප්රයෝජනවත් වේ යයි සිතනවානම්, කරුණාකර පහත ඇති "SHARE" ක්ලික් කිරීමෙන් එය බෙදා හදා ගැනීමට අමතක කරන්න එපා. තවද, මෙම ලිපිය පිළිබඳව ඔබේ අදහස්, යෝජනා සහ අනෙකුත් මවුවරුන්/කාන්තාවන් හට ප්රයෝජනවත් වන ඔබේ අත්දැකීම් පහත ලියා තැබීමටද අප ආරාධනා කරමු. ස්තුතියි!