You have to watch out your food habits when you’re pregnant. It will affect your baby as well as you. You are eating for two means not eating too much. You have to take accurate diet for you and your baby.
Control Fat Consumption:
Fat is very high in calories, and eating too many fatty foods is likely to make you put on weight. Having too much saturated fat can increase the amount of cholesterol in the blood, which increases the chance of developing heart disease. Try to cut down on saturated fat, and have foods rich in unsaturated fat instead. Examples of items that consist more fats are: all spreading fats (butter), oil, cream, salad dressing, chocolate, crisps, biscuits, pastries, ice cream, cake, pudding and etc.
Too Much Sugar is Not Good!
Sugary foods and sugary drinks contain calories without providing any other nutrients, and can contribute to weight gain, obesity and tooth decay.
What Should be Taken in Very Small Quantities:
- Caffeine (include coke and tea)
- Shellfish (clams, oysters and crab etc)
- Big fish (swordfish, shark mackerels etc)
- Smoked items (fish, ham or chicken)
- Anything with raw eggs (mousse and other desserts)
- Soft cheeses (brie, camembert etc)
- Liver (too high in vitamin A)